Consent to Other Agreements
We grant you permission to print individual pages from the Site, unless otherwise expressly noted, for your own personal, non-commercial use in learning about and evaluating our services. No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, license, transfer, sale, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter or modify these materials. This grant of permission is not a transfer of title, and under this permission you may not: use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); remove any copyright, or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
The Company does not knowingly violate or permit others to violate the copyrights of others. We will promptly remove or disable access to materials that we know is infringing or if we become aware of circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
Although we do not claim ownership of user-generated content you post using this Site, the Feedback (defined below) you provide to us through this Site will be and remain our exclusive property. Your submission of Feedback will constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, title and interests in your Feedback, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your Feedback. We will be entitled to reduce to practice, exploit, make, use, copy, disclose, display or perform publicly, distribute, improve and modify any Feedback you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Feedback that you do not wish to assign to us. The term “Feedback” refers to the content you post on or through this Site that is specifically about how we can improve this Site or the products and services we make available through this Site.
Conduct and Responsibility
By using this Site, you agree that you will not:
- promote any illegal activity or transmit through the Site any unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, tortuous, or otherwise objectionable content;
- post a photograph without the permission of each person in the photograph;
- post any content about an identifiable person without that person’s permission;
- transmit any content that might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose;
- collect information about others without their consent;
- reveal personally identifiable information about children;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site, services, computer systems, servers or networks, or violate the regulations or policies of such networks;
- transmit any content containing viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful programs;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Site or services, others’ accounts or computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or otherwise;
- engage in any systematic extraction of data or data fields, including without limitation e-mail addresses;
- provide false information on your registration form, impersonate any person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity or the origin of a message or other communication;
- sell access to or use of any services available on the Site; or
- interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site.
By using the Site, Uma Partners agree that they will not:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements;
- post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- post jobs or other advertisements for competitors of the Company or post jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with the Site;
- sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- post any business opportunity that requires an up-front or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members;
- post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment which is generally indicated by the employer’s use of IRS forms W-2 or 1099;
- post jobs for modeling, acting, talent or entertainment agencies or talent scouting positions;
- advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts;
- endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- post jobs located in countries subject to economic sanctions of the United States Government; and
- except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her: (i) racial or ethnic origin; (ii) political beliefs; (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs; (iv) membership of a trade union; (v) physical or mental health; (vi) sexual life; (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings; or (vii) age.
These terms apply specifically to Career Coaches / Mentors / Industry Experts (“Uma Ambassadors”) that partake in Uma Academy workshops through the Site.
The Uma Ambassadors, and not the Company, are solely responsible for honoring any confirmed Uma Academy workshops. If either the Company or a selected Uma Ambassador cancels a booked Uma Academy workshop, any amounts collected will be refunded to you, as applicable. If you cancel a booked Uma Academy workshop, no amounts collected by the Company will be refunded to you. If you choose to enter into any agreement with an Uma Ambassador outside the Company’s Site, the Company will not be a party to such agreement and disclaims all liability arising from or related to the same.
To enroll in Uma Academy, the Company will collect the total price of the particular Uma Academy workshop in accordance with the pricing terms on the Site. Please note that the Company cannot control any fees that may be charged to you by your bank related to the Company’s collection of payment, and the Company disclaims all liability in this regard.
You further acknowledge that regardless of any advice received by Uma Ambassadors, any action you take with respect to your current or prospective job is wholly your decision and Uma Ambassadors cannot be held responsible in any way. You also acknowledge and agree that any advice provided by Uma Ambassadors is not a substitute for counseling, mental health care, legal, business or financial advice. You acknowledge that you are fully responsible for your choices, decisions, and actions arising from work with an Uma Ambassador. If appropriate, you agree to seek the advice of other professionals (therapists, financial advisors, lawyers, etc.) as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all users without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
The services offered on the Site are presented with the greatest precision so that you are aware before the final order of the essential characteristics of the items which you wish to purchase. If, in spite of all the care taken by the Company, there are inaccuracies in the presentation on the Site; the Company shall in no event incur any liability therefore. Company does not warrant that item descriptions or other content of the web site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a service offered on the Site is not as described, you should contact the Company to attempt to resolve any issues.
Prices are firm and final and are expressed in the local currency of the country where the Uma Fellow is based. All taxes are included in the summary of the order. Company reserves the right to modify prices at any time, without notice and without any other formality except to incorporate the modifications into the Site, but items ordered are invoiced at the price in effect on the day of the order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the services on the Site may be mispriced. If the correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We encourage you to print and maintain a copy of your purchase order for your records.
Payment, shall be made exclusively online through the Site via MasterCard, Visa, or American Express.
A guided search allows you to find a selection of items from the various membership levels to the Company’s collection of networking events, Uma Academy workshops and Umaship job placements available on the Site and then you make your choice from this selection in order to place your order.
Linked Internet Sites
Right of Modification and Termination
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Site. Additionally, we may terminate this agreement at any time, without notice to you, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have breached or may breach any term or condition of this agreement, or we may terminate this agreement for our convenience. You may terminate this agreement at any time by destroying all materials received from our Site and ceasing to use our Site.
Nothing on the Site shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty by Company with respect to any user, Uma Fellow, Uma Partner, Uma Ambassador or any third party, whether in regards to its web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise. Further, Company is not to be considered an employer with respect to your use of the Site and we shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any Uma Partner posting jobs on the Site. We reserve the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to the information on the Site, and to the properties and programs described on the Site, at any time without notice, including after confirmation of a transaction.
All job postings are created by people over whom the Company exercises no control. You acknowledge and understand that although Company reserves the right to reject any particular job listing for failure to meet our quality standards, we are not obligated to do so. Company does not control the content of the job postings or other information posted herein, as that is the sole responsibility of the person posting the job listing or content. Job search results are indexed in an automated manner and we do not have any obligation to display jobs in any particular order. Further, Company may exclude any job listing for any reason, in its sole discretion.
It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, statements, representations, services, and other information provided through the Site. You acknowledge that you may not rely on any content on the Site. We do not endorse or represent the reliability, accuracy or quality of any information or services provided by third parties which is displayed or advertised on the Site.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. THIS SITE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT (INCLUDING USER-GENERATED CONTENT) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: (A) OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) RELATING TO THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE; (C) THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT; OR (D) THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE SECURELY OR WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY TRANSMISSIONS SENT FROM US OR THROUGH THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES).
THE COMPANY DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR STATEMENTS, ADVICE AND OPINIONS MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED COMPANY SPOKESPERSONS. WE DO NOT ENDORSE AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY STATEMENTS, ADVICE OR OPINIONS CONTAINED IN USER-GENERATED CONTENT AND SUCH STATEMENTS, ADVICE AND OPINIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECT THE STATEMENTS, ADVICE AND OPINIONS OF THE COMPANY. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA. YOU ACCEPT THAT OUR OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL HAVE THE BENEFIT OF THIS CLAUSE.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO ALL OR PART OF THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS WE, ON BEHALF OF THE COMPANY, OUR MANAGERS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE AND HOWSOEVER ARISING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF DATA; LOSS CAUSED BY A VIRUS; LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES; OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING SUCH PROCEDURES FOR DATA BACK UP AND VIRUS CHECKING AS YOU CONSIDER NECESSARY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00).
Jurisdiction and Venue
Any questions may be directed to us by e-mail at email@example.com or in writing to Uma Group LLC, 300 Park Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, New York 10022.