What we’re looking for:
The Executive Creative Director, New York will oversee the creative team and be responsible
for all creative output in New York, across all clients, with a particular focus on new business.
The ECD is also a member of the New York leadership team, collectively charged
with setting the direction and strategy of the office overall. In addition, the ECD needs to be a
trusted partner for senior, C-level clients, and an equally trusted partner for the internal
A conceptual person at the core, the ECD will need to be prolific, professional and insightful.
He or She needs to have the ability to churn out their own ideas in addition to being able to
elevate ideas from others. In this role, you will set the course and the vision for the team and
inspire more meaningful work.
As the ECD, you will be inspiring, articulate and famous for their awesome ideas. You need to
have a strong belief and passion about their work, its delivery and the approach it takes to
get to strong ideas. You are a big thinker that understands digital but believes in the power of
a great idea. The ECD should possesses maturity in their leadership style with a respect for
the business and their role in maintaining the health and culture of the NYC office. Most
importantly, you should be excited at the prospect of rolling up their sleeves and helping
build something great.
What you’ll do:
• Build strong relationships with senior clients
• Connect and partner with New York leadership team
• Set vision for creative team (talent and structure)
• Identify one potential interesting/creative opportunity within current clients
• Identify a top 5 key hire list
• Oversee all creative work for current and new business
• Strong client relationships (at the senior/C-level) and client satisfaction
• Better work being created and going out into the world
• Inspire, mentor and grow the creative team
What you’ll need:
• 10-plus years of experience as a Creative Leader in the agency with strong
interpersonal and client presentation skills
• Experience generating new business and developing client relationships. Experience in
leading and driving large scale agency pitches is a must
• Award-winning conceptual skills, plus a command of the digital space and the talent
to take advertising campaigns across diverse platforms with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Strong ability to lead a team of art directors and copywriters and play nice with
others, including account managers and technical directors. Experience as a visionary